Flat iron, also known as straightening iron or hair straightener, is an electrical device used to straighten the hair, and crimping irons, used to create crimps of the desired size in the hair. With the rapid development of technology and the increasing demand for human, the flat iron is regarded as one of the most popular hair styling tools, and there are more and more people are thinking of their own flat iron brand and launching their flat iron line.
But do you know how to start your own flat iron line? How to make your own flat iron? What things should you consider before creating your own flat iron brand?
When you search these questions on Google, you will find that it’s hard to find some useful and exhaustive answers. But don’t worry, let’s Hongsen private label flat iron manufacturer help you to do it. Now you can follow these 9 steps to learn how to start a flat iron line and brand your own flat iron successful. After the reading, you will know how to design your flat iron and how to get your custom hair straighteners manufactured.
1. Choose the Right Shape
You might think that straightening iron is simply, well, flat. However, the edges of these hair straighteners would affect their versatility. If the plates and the outer edges of the flat iron are slightly rounded, it will be easier to make the transition from your iron to a pincer. Flatiron with sharp edges is less adaptable but can provide a somewhat smoother hair.
Generally divided into V type and X type, the early popular X type, but in recent years V type is more popular. Because the V-shape can not only straighten the hair, but also the streamlined hair straightener can be used for curling. More and more hairdressers use hair straighteners for curling, whichever you want to manufacture, it depends on your market positioning and customer base.
2. Consider the flat iron plate width
Hair straighteners are divided into wide, medium, narrow and mini types according to their size:
- The length of the straight hair straightener of the wide hair straightener is generally 90MM (about 3.53inch), and the width is 38~50MM (about 1.5~2inch);
- The length of the straight plate of the middle plate is generally 90MM (about 3.53inch), and the width is 24~38MM (about 1~1.25inch);
- The length of the straight plate of the narrow plate is generally 80-90MM (about 3.5inch or more), and the width is 10-15MM (about 0.4~0.6inch).
- The length of the mini straight hair plate is generally 60MM (about 2.4inch) and the width is 10-15MM (about 0.4~0.6inch).
Note: As wider the plates, the faster you can straighten your hair. Of course, if people plan to travel with the flat iron, then they will want a little more narrow plates that can easily fit in the bag. Women with fine hair may also find that the wide plates apply too much heat, damaging the hair shaft.
3. Select the Right Heating Plates
The materials of the heating plate are different, and can be divided into the pure ceramic plate, aluminum ceramic coating plate, Titanium plate, Tourmaline plates, Titanium ceramic coating plate, and microcrystalline glass plate:
- Pure ceramic plate irons combine value and efficiency, offering uniform heat for most hair textures. Some straighteners, however, only have the ceramic coating. Eventually, ceramics wears away, leaving him with an iron distributes heat unevenly or not at all. Other benefits are environmental protection, good insulation performance, and good safety. The disadvantages are long processing cycle, many processing steps, and very smooth hair in the process of straightening the hair.
- Aluminum ceramic coating plate irons are easy to produce, and because of the mechanical forming, the edges are smooth and do not rub the hair. Since the surface is sprayed ceramic glazes, pull hair was also very effective. The disadvantage is that because it is a metal, it is not insulated by itself, and the internal heating element should be insulated to avoid potential safety hazards.
- Titanium flat irons are quickly heated by applying higher temperatures more evenly. These irons tend to be more expensive, and you do not need titanium iron unless you have thick, very curly hair.
- Tourmaline plates are excellent for damaged hair. Sometimes called ‘ionic plates’, these plates produce more negative than positive ions, reducing frizz and sealing the hair shaft.
- Titanium ceramic coating plate is made of the durable titanium plate, and the treatment of ceramic glaze makes the surface smooth and does not pull the hair. Since most people don’t understand the difference in the material of the board, it is considered that the ceramic plate is the best plate for hair. However, from the production, transportation, labor cost considerations, titanium ceramic glazes straightening iron is the hair straightener is the most widely used, cost-effective plate.
- The microcrystalline glass plate is less adopted, mainly in the surface smoothness is not as good ceramic glazes, in addition, it is not easy to form and fix, and the product structure should be redesigned.
4. Take the Temperature into Consideration
According to the different heating elements, the hair straighteners can be divided into ceramic heating elements, PTC heating elements, and MCH heating elements:
- A ceramic heating element is an environmental protection, and the heating rate is fast. Generally, the surface temperature of the splint can reach 200 degrees from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. However, since the ceramic heating element is sintered at a temperature higher than 1000 degrees, the temperature will quickly exceed 300 degrees after the circuit is out of control, and the plastic material of the fixed heating plate will be burned out so that the heating plate is detached. It may come into contact with the user and burn the skin.
- PTC (Heating Element belongs to the group of Passive Electronic Components (PEC). The PTC is made of Barium Titan-ate. PTC elements are programmable during production (do not require IC card 3rd element as MCH) of hair straighteners and hair curlers and by using it. PTC maximum ideal temperature with hair tools products is up to 230C. PTC heater is the most common element for home usage hair flat irons and curling irons. PTC requires around 1 minute to heat up to its maximum temperature.
- MCH Heating Element belongs to the group of Active Electronic Components (AEC), The MCH, is made of Ceramic. MCH elements are able to combine multi-function and stable temperature for long and intensive usage. MCH elements are more common with Professional Salon hair tools and high-end products. MCH could arrive its maximum temperature within 20 seconds
- High heat means the faster and more effective straightening, but not all hair types need the hottest irons. To reduce damage to the hair, consider an iron that offers adjustable heat settings, then style on the lowest heat setting that gets the ideal hairstyles.
- Low-cost irons sometimes heat up unevenly, resulting in an uneven texture and potentially even burning sections of your hair. The wholesale professional infrared hair straightener has intelligent sensors in each plate, and the plate is floating, ensuring that the iron is hot enough to style the hair without overheating.
5. Wired or cordless hair straightener
According to different power cable into wired hair straighteners and wireless rechargeable hair straighteners:
- The wired hair straightener is a hair straightener that is connected to the mains for power supply. The advantage is that it can work continuously. The disadvantage is that if the control of the hair straightener is unreasonable during design and production, there is a safety hazard. In addition, there is a power cord in use, which is inconvenient to carry out.
- The wireless rechargeable hair straightener charges a rechargeable battery through a charger and uses the battery as a power supply. The advantage of the wireless hair straightener is safety, because it is a tributary power supply, and the other is convenient to travel. However, the disadvantage of the wireless hair straightener is that it can only work for 30 minutes to 1 hour after each charge.
Note: if your guests are professional hair stylists and don’t often go far, wired hair straighteners will be more suitable. Since the rechargeable hair straightener has a high requirement on the battery’s storage capacity, it is only suitable for people who travel and do not need to make a particularly large change to the hair.
6. Know about the performance of flat iron
The hair straighteners can be divided into ordinary type and wet and dry flat iron:
- Ordinary hair straighteners must be blown dry when the hair is pulled to start pulling, and wet and dry can pull wet hair.
- Wet and dry hair straightener straight hair plate 8-10 have pores, so that water can emerge from the pores into steam. More knowledge about wet and dry hair straightener please visit our former post: Know About Wet to Dry Hair Straighteners
Nowadays, few manufacturers would design the ordinary flat iron, they tend to pursue the step of the fashion, and trying to meet the public consumers. However, there are part manufacturers would produce the low quality to cheat the unprofessional retailer or distributor.
7. Choose the right plug type
There are Chinese plug Europe plug, UL plug (US plug leakage protection), Australia plug, plug in Japan, Germany, electric plug, plug in South Africa, the United Kingdom and another plug. Voltage: 110V-240V global universal voltage is also available, for a country, specific voltage or current.
About the plug type, you need to know what’s the voltage and usually used at your country. Most suppliers can tell you the common plug, but if your country or sales regions is special, maybe they cannot help you.
8. Consider the value and the price
It’s easy to purchase cheap iron for your business. If you do, you’ll probably find, Your store will not have repeat customers and even received some negative feedback within a few months later. As you know, the problem with cheap plates is that they tend to break faster. They can also damage the hair since cheap straighteners can apply heat unevenly, become entangled and even overheat.
Pricier irons offer greater value. Your quality flat irons will last for years, and your customers will not have to spend cash on expensive hair treatments to remedy the damage caused by a cheap iron for your clients. Over time, you can even save money and time because you will not have to constantly replace broken plates.
In a word, you must carefully consider the value and the price.
9. Find a reliable private label flat iron manufacturer
To turn your business ideas into a reality, you should find a reliable custom-made flat irons manufacturer who is experienced and good customer reviews.
Here are some good platforms you can look for some hair flat iron manufacturers:
- hairstylingtools.net. This is the official website of Hongsen Hairdressing Equipment Technology CO., LTD. which has its own manufacturing plant and sales team. With 10 years experience in hair styling tools, it can offer quality private label flat irons and custom logo hair curlers service for global brands, companies, distributions, and wholesalers at factory direct price. This company also can help you to design the right flat irons your brand really need according to the market trend.
- Alibaba.com. This is China’s — and to some degree, the world’s — biggest online commerce company. There are thousands of hair straighteners manufacturer on it, you can contact some suppliers to know their certification, price, MOQ, and supply ability. But maybe you will spend some time picking an ideal one from so many similar manufacturers.
- Geloon.com. A hair tools manufacturer in China and it has become known for its creative designs, consistent high quality and smooth pre-sales and aftersales services.
- globalsources.com, made-in-china.com, dir.indiamart.com. They are some online commerce websites like alibaba.com.
So much above all, except for select the right flat iron and a reliable private label flat iron manufacturer, you also need to know the process of manufacturing hair flat iron. There will be updating the guideline of the custom flat iron manufacturing process next week.
Recommendations for You